Saturday, February 10, 2007

Thing 8 - RSS feeds & Bloglines

RSS is my favorite 'Thing' so far. All the Discovery Sources were informative and offered tips and instruction in multiple media - video, audio, and text. Creating the 10+ feeds was easy, especially when I kept my Bloglines account open for easy cutting and pasting of Bloglines 'adds.' RSS sure beats subscribing to email alerts or creating a mess of Facoties in IE. Now the challenge is find the time to read the feeds ... I have over 200 unread CNN feeds!

You can view my news feeds from library, global warming and general news sources in the right column of my blog. >>>>>>>>>>

My home computer has IE7 and an RSS icon in the toolbar. A simple click on the icon immediately adds a site to my blog list. It's been very easy to create a comprehensive set of feeds from research and community organizations addressing the issue of global warming.

No comments: