Friday, March 23, 2007

Thing 14 - Technorati

Technorati is a real time-eater. This morning at the Albrecht In-Service, Sandra said everyone should be able to complete Learning 2.0 in between 4 - 8 hours. Well, I just spent 2 hours wandering down the byways of Technorati and reading curiously interesting musings on topics ranging from the frivolous through the serious. I plugged 'Learning 2.0' into the search box, limiting the search to blog posts. Oops ... garbage appeared. Trying again with quotation marks created a better list of matches. The option of sorting further by relevance or authority was interesting, but I don't clearly see what the difference is.

Overall, I found Technorati to be unimpressive. Although I'm using Del.icio.us all the time now (all two weeks!) and love tagging and saving sites, I've learned that we all think differently and don't assign tags in the same way. It's fun to scan the Favorited and Popular blogs, but the Search feature generates a lot of irrelevant matches in my opinion.

No comments: