Monday, March 26, 2007

Thing 20 - YouTube

YouTube proves that the whole world is a stage. Hours of endless entertainment from the ridiculously amateur to really high-quality mini-films. I setup a YouTube account, but initially kept getting error messages when I tried to register my Blogger blog so I could export a video. Simply copying the embedded code into my blog proved much simpler. Two of my favorite library-related YouTube movies are below. The Medieval Helpdesk proves that all people at all times have had difficulty dealing with new things. The 'Fulton County Library' is a great 39 second library promo setting book covers and text to fast-paced music. Both are very ingenious!






YouTube offers lots of library applications ... from library tours ... filming and broadcasting programs ... creative ads and promos.

No comments: